1. abide by(=be faithful to ; obey)
2. be absent from….
3. absence or mind(=being absent-minded)
4. absorb(=take up the attention of):be absorbed in :be engrossed in ; be lost in ; be rapt in ;be concentrated on ; be focused on ; be centered on
5. (be) abundant in(be rich in; be well supplied with)
7. by accident(=by chance, accidentally)Without accident(=safely)
8. of one’s own accord(=without being asked; willingly; freely
9. in accord with . out of one’s accord with
10. with one accord (=with everybody agreeing)
11. in accordance with (=in agreement with)
12. on one’s own account 1) 2)(=at one’s own risk) 3)(=by oneself) on account ; on account of ; on no account;of …account
13. take…into account(=consider)
14. give sb. an account of
15. account for (=give an explanation or reason for).
16. on account of (=because of)
17. on no account(=in no case, for no reason)
18. accuse…of…(=charge…with; blame sb. for sth. ; blame sth. on sb. ; complain about)
19. be accustomed to (=be in the habit of, be used to)
20. be acquainted with(=to have knowledge of) (=to have met socially)
21. act on
22. adapt oneself to(=adjust oneself to)
23. adapt…(for) (=make sth. Suitable for a new need)
24. in addition (=besides)
25. in addition to(=as well as, besides, other than)
26. adhere to (=abide by, conform to, comply with, cling to, insist on, persist in, observe, opinion, belief )
27. adjacent(=next to, close to)
28. adjust..(to) (=change slightly)
29. admit of (=be capable of, leave room for)
30. in advance (before in time)
31. to advantage
32. have an advantage over . have the advantage of
have the advantage of sb.
33. take advantage of (=make the best of, utilize, make use of, profit from, harness)
34. agree with . agree to
35. in agreement (with)
36. ahead of . ahead of time
37. in the air 1
38. above all (=especially, most important of all)
39. in all (=counting everyone or everything, altogether)
40. after all ; (not) at all ; all at once(=suddenly); once and for all ; above all ; first of all ; all in all ; be all in ; all but .
41. allow for (=take into consideration, take into account)
42. amount to (=to be equal to)
43. answer for (undertake responsibility for, be liable for, take charge for)
44. answer to (=conform to)
45. be anxious about .anxious for
46. apologize to sb. for sth.
47. appeal to sb. for sth. appeal to sb.
48. apply to sb. for sth. ; apply for ; apply to .
49. apply to
50. approve of (=consent to, be in favor of, favor, agree to, consider good, right) , approve vt.
51. arise from(=be caused by) .
52. arrange for sb./sth. to do sth.
53. arrive on ; arrive at ; arrive in ;
54. be ashamed of (=feel shame, guilt or sorrow because of sth. done)
55. assure sb. of sth. (=try to cause to believe or trust in sth.) .
56. attach(to) (=to fix, fasten; join)
57. make an attempt at doing sth. (to do sth.)
58. attend to (=give one’s attention, care and thought) ;attend on(upon)(=wait upon, serve, look after)
59. attitude to/ toward
60. attribute…to…(=to believe sth. to be the result of…)
61. on the average (=on average, on an average)
62. (be) aware of (=be conscious of , having knowledge or consciousness)
63. at the back of (=behind)
64. in the back of ; on the back of ; be on one’s back(=be ill in bed)
65. at one’s back(=supporting or favoring sb.) ; have sb. at one’s back
66. turn one’s back on sb. (=turn away from sb. in an impolite way)
67. behind one’s back
be based on / upon
69. on the basis of
71. begin with . to begin with (=first of all)
72. on behalf of (=as the representative of)
73. believe in(=have faith or trust in; consider sth./sb. to be true)
74. benefit (from)
75. for the benefit of
76. for the better
77. get the better of (=defeat sb.)
78. by birth . at birth; give birth to
79. blame sb. for sth . blame sth. on sb.
80. in blossom. be in blossom. come into blossom
81. on board
82. boast of (or about)
83. out of breath
84. in brief(=in as few words as possible)
85. in bulk
86. take the floor
87. on business
88. be busy with sth.。 be busy doing sth. .
89. last but one
90. but for (=without)
91. buy sth. for…money
92. be capable of . be capable of being .
93. in any case(=for love or money, at any rate, at any price, at any cost, whatever happens; anyhow)
94. in case (=for fear that)
95. in case of (=in the event of). in the case of
96. in no case.
97. be cautious of
98. center one’s attention on(=focus one’s attention on)
99. be certain of (=be sure of) .
100. for certain of (=for sure ).